Monday, August 1, 2011

This, That & The Other


As a parent, there are lots of joys.  There are also lots of sorrows and worries, but thankfully the joys make up for those.  The picture you see above made me one of the proudest mommies on the planet today - probably even more so than when he first walked.  Why, you ask?  You see, all summer long Will has hated the pool.  In fact, it's beyond a hatred - he's terrified.  He literally screams, cries and holds onto my neck for dear life every.single.time we even talk about going swimming.  When we actually go swimming, it's 100Xs worse.  I know you think I'm exaggerating, but I'm not.  I wish.  Just yesterday, we took him swimming and he cried all the way there and then insisted that he only sit on the steps.  So fast forward to this afternoon when I arrive to pick the boys up from their grandparents - Will was just floating along - BY HIMSELF - without screaming, fussing or nearly drowning.  I nearly passed out.  Not ten minutes later, he was even jumping off the side of the pool into the water.  I'm super proud of this little guy.  He has a lot of worries - he's constantly stressing out about something and I was incredibly proud that he was able to overcome this fear today :)

Up next - a getaway for the hubby and myself.  I hope that we can make our escape this weekend, sans the kiddos.  Where are we headed?  


I wish.  No, we are probably going to stay somewhere close - just a couple of hours away since we both have to work Friday and Monday.  We've talked about the North GA mountains, Nashville, and several other places.  Who knows where we'll end up, but as long as we get to sleep in and lounge around without the demands of the two rowdiest sweetest boys I know, we'll be happy.  Don't think I'm a bad mom.  I'm truly not.  I just love my sleep, and I love to be alone with my husband sometimes - you know, to talk without being interrupted, hug without a child standing between you begging to be picked up, and sleep in without a three year-old begging you for a cup of milk.  I don't know, we might even be lucky enough to ride in the car listening to our tunes rather than "Charlotte's Web" for the 1000th time.  I love em, and I'll miss em, but I'm truly pumped for this weekend!

In closing, I'll leave you with a few good quotes.  Everyone needs a little inspiration now and then.  I know I do.  Good night friends - I'm off to put Will back in the bed for the 20th time tonight (and no, I'm not exaggerating about that either!)


No comments:

Post a Comment