Friday, August 26, 2011

Day Five: Six Places (TWICE)


For Day 5 of this 10 Day Challenge, I am supposed to give you 6 "Places."  Hmmm.... I guess you could take that anyway you want to - 6 places you want to go, 6 places you have been, 6 of your favorite places in the whole wide world....  I couldn't decide which "6 Places" you guys would want to hear about the most (or would be the most fun to write about), so I came up with a couple of different scenarios.  Up First -

Six Places I Want to Travel To


Destin, FL.  I love Destin for so many reasons.  First, because it is absolutely gorgeous.  I have never been when the water wasn't "Caribbean" clear.  Secondly, because it's family friendly (or better yet - MY kind of family friendly).  Quiet, peaceful and calm.  Thirdly, because Brandon and I went on our honeymoon there, so it's got that nostalgic "homey" feeling for us.


New York, NY.  I have never been to New York, but I'm dying to go.  I really want to go at Christmas to see Rockefeller Center and all of the Christmas decor.  Everyone who has been tells me I'm crazy, that it's too cold at Christmas.  Brandon is a huge Yankees fan and wants to go during the summer to see them play.  Who wins?  No one.  We both refuse to compromise, which is why we've never gone.


Jackson Hole, WY.  This is easily my favorite place on Earth.  I love it because it's so slllooooowww and there are REAL cowboys (with REAL tight pants!  HA!) and wildlife galore.  I've never been somewhere so peaceful.  The mountains are all around, the air is so clean and the whole place just feels good deep down in my soul.  Brandon has never been, but he's gonna.  I promise.  Even if we're 60, we're going.  (In reality we'll go when the boys are old enough to enjoy the hiking, skiing, etc...)


Knoxville, TN.  I lived here while in college at the grand ol' University of Tennessee and it will always hold a place in my heart.  As the boys grow older, I want to take them back for games and tailgating!!


Washington, DC.  I've never been to DC, but I feel like I could learn so much there.  I know Brandon will be on tap for this trip because he's such a history buff.  


Lastly, Walt Disney World.  Ahhhh - the most magical place on Earth.  I'm not one of these Mickey fanatics, but I do know (and remember) what an awesome place it is for the kiddos.  We're planning on making our first trip as a family next fall.  Supposedly the prices are better (notice I didn't say "cheap") and the crowds are thinner.  This will also be our last chance to take the boys before Will enters "real school" and I won't have to go during peak times.  We have our little "Disney Jar" sitting on the counter collecting stray change.  I'm hoping that thing will catch some of that Disney magic and explode with paper money one day.......

and now for the more fun entry -

6 Places You Wish You Put a Teeny Tiny Little Muzzle on Your Kids
*this is all in good fun and if you can't take a joke, you probably shouldn't be reading my blog.  kthanks.

1.  Church.  What is it about a crowd full of people dressed in their Sunday best that makes your kids want to act a fool?  Is it because the choir gets them so pepped up?  I'm not sure, but my kids simply cannot handle being in the sanctuary.  In fact, and I'll confess this for everyone to read, I dread those really "special" Sundays when there is no Children's Church and the kiddies get to sit like big boys and girls to hear the sermon.  Boooo!  I always feel a little .... cough...cough.... sicker on those Sundays, prompting me to keep my tail and my two wild indians at home.

2.  Any restaurant nicer than Chick-fil-A (and then sometimes not even there if they actually light those little candles on the table).  This is why my family RARELY goes out to eat.  It is inevitable that either Brandon or I will have to leave the restaurant with one or more children in tow before our plates have even arrived.

3.  Any car ride longer than 15 minutes.  That's as long as it takes for my blood pressure to reach monumental levels.  At that point, I put on the only accepted form of child-like muzzle - the dvd.

4.  Target.  "I wannnnnnnttttttt ittttttt!"  "Mommmyyyy can I havvvvvvvveeee it?"  or possibly even worse "I HAVE TO POOP RIGHT NOW!" as soon as you're on the opposite side of the store.

5.  The doctor's office.  That's right - the pediatrician's office.  As a parent, you try so hard to impress that doctor.  You assure him you're nursing every two to three hours, putting the baby down awake - but drowsy, so that he can teach himself to go to sleep in his own bed.  You eagerly prompt your kid to do all his latest "tricks" in front of the doctor.  You know - "You can spell your name, can't you little Johnny?  Spell it for the nice doctor!"  And then what does your kid say?  How about - "My mommy lets me eat cheetos for breakfast." or "I ate a booger in the car."  Great.  Thanks Johnny.  Thanks for the homerun.

6.  A public restroom.  Huh?  Yep - you bet.  It never fails.  I take Will in the bathroom and he says loudly as soon as we walk in the door "Gah!  It smells like big poops in here Mom!"  Yep - and now the little lady in the last stall is dying right now and will now have to play the wait.it.out game until we leave.  Or maybe he waits until we get in the stall in a crowded restroom to say "what do you have to do, Mom?  Are you pooping?"  Or my personal favorite (and I cannot believe I'm telling you this, but it adds validity to my statement) - about a week after giving birth to his younger brother, I take him in the bathroom with me and he says loudly when in the stall "Mommy - why are you wearing a diaper?"  Yep.  I died.  Right there in that bathroom.  In fact, I'm blogging to you now from Heaven.  


Tomorrow is 5 foods.  10 bucks says they're all fried :/

1 comment:

  1. Bhahahaha! Your last list of places literally had me dying laughing. Sooooo funny (and I agree with practically every place!!!)! I definitely agree with the church. My boys will not sit still or be quiet in there. But hey, that's why there is nursery! I agree, the Sunday's when there isn't nursery, it's easier just to stay home. The hustle and bustle of getting ready and out the door, and then you have to take your kids out and play with them somewhere else in your Sunday best, no less. Not a fan of it. I'm glad I didn't read your blog until I finished mine. You would have totally swayed me. Like, now I'm DYING to go to Jackson Hole. Holy Moly!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete