Saturday, August 27, 2011

Day Six: Five Foods


Don't judge me based on my favorite foods.  I swear I don't weigh 300lbs, although I would if I ate this stuff everyday.

1.  My Maw Maw's roast and gravy.  Nobody makes it like she did.  Not even Paula Dean.
2.  Fried potatoes.  The ones that are sliced and fried on a griddle or an iron skillet.  When I was younger, my grandfather picked me up from school and he often surprised me by telling me to "look in the oven" when we got home.  Right there in an iron skillet, covered by an upside down plate, would be a mound of friend potatoes.  mmmmmm.....
3.  Fried green tomatoes.  It's funny - I don't like red tomatoes AT ALL, but I could eat my weight in fried green ones.  I like 'em thin and crispy - with ketchup :)
4.  Fried chicken.  It's just hard to beat.
5.  Key Lime Pie.

Now that I'm good and hungry, I think I'll go take a nap.  We're hooking up with some friends we haven't gotten to hang out with in a while for burgers and games tonight.  Thanks to the kiddos waking us up at 6:15, I need a little R&R before we head out.....

Have a super Saturday friends!  We'll be back tomorrow with four books!

No comments:

Post a Comment