Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Will @ 3 Years Old



Where in the world do I start with this boy?  Will turned three this past weekend, on Easter Sunday no less.  He has a super fun Thomas the Train birthday party planned for this coming weekend, so really he'll have a whole week of birthday celebrations before it's all said and done.  He is such a funny guy.  I mean really funny.  He hangs out with his Poppa all day (Brandon's father) and he's copied so many of his phrases and mannerisms, that I often tell people that Will is a 50-year-old man trapped in a 3-year-old's body.


Maybe he's not so much an old man as he is a wild animal - take a look at how he ate his cake this past weekend! 




So now, I will do my best to list 36 fun facts about William Garrett.  A few of them may be funny things that he has said over the past couple of years - after all, that is one huge part of his personality!

  1. He wears size 3T shirts, shorts and pants and size 9-10 shoe (depending on the brand).
  2. He has been fully potty trained since about 2.5 years old.
  3. His favorite pastimes are tractors, farm animals and anything related to tools.
  4. He is such a great big brother and never missed a beat when Brooks was born.  We are however, having a few issues now that Brooks is older and wanting to play with Will's toys :/



        5.  He is a very cautious child - it takes several attempts at something new to get him to warm up, and sometimes his wariness never fades at all.
        6.  He is a picky eater.  His favorite foods include chicken, fruit, broccoli, chips or potatoes of any kind (like his momma!), and of course chocolate.  These are not the only things he eats - just the ones he would choose if I left it up to him.
        7.  He looooovvvveesss milk.  Plain ol' whole milk.  
        8.  His favorite people are his Poppa and his Gram.  
        9.  He has one of the worst southern drawls you have ever heard on a small child.  
       10.  His "R"s and some "L"s are pronounced as "W"s.  So for example - "Wiwl Wutwedge".
       11.  He can spell his name.
       12.  He HATES sprinklers.
       13.  He says when he grows up he's going to "be a truck driver, then a farmer".  Hmmmm...



         14.  As I was lying in bed with him a few nights ago (this is not something we do all the time, but he sometimes has a hard time falling asleep), he was talking about all the things he wants to do when he "grows big" - "drive Poppa's truck and turn the radio on" and "go fast on the highway", when he put his arm around me and said "Momma, I don't want to grow big.  I want to stay little.  If I grow big, will you grow me back down?"  :)))))
        15.  He can be verrrrry whiney.  I'm not sure if this is a three-year-old thing or just a Will-thing, but it's awfully annoying when it happens.  It's like nothing pleases him when he gets that way.
        16.  He has the memory of an elephant.  If you tell him you are going to do something, do it please. Don't leave my kid hanging.  He will bug me to death about it.  
        17.  He likes to dress himself occasionally -



        18.  His favorite t.v. "pwrogwams" (as he calls them) are Barney, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Super Why, Calliou, Chuggington, Word World or Thomas.  We DVR them and save them for rainy days (or when Mommy needs to clean, change a nasty diaper, or maybe use the bathroom herself!)
        19.  He also likes to color, paint, or play with play-doh, but nothing seems to hold his attention for more than 10 minutes or so.  
        20.  He loves to ride his bike and is pretty good at it if I say so myself :)
        21.  He has a crazy cool imagination (at least his mommy thinks so).  He loves to pretend to be a farmer - he often pretends my ironing board is a chicken house heater.  He'll say "Now wait jus' a minute now momma.  I need to turn my heaters on."
        22.  Instead of saying "before", he says "but for".  
        23.  He also says "dern-it, dog-gone, and dad-gum".  I'm not kidding when I tell you that the very first time he gets in trouble for this at school, his Poppa will be attending the PTC with me!!!
        24.  He likes church because "Jesus gives me snacks."
        25.  He does not like to have his picture taken and absolutely refuses to look at the camera.  The only time he will smile is when someone OTHER than me is taking the pictures and I am behind the camera acting like a wild woman.
       26.  Gram has him spoiled rotten.  I have the photographic proof.  Here we are in Panama City and Gram is crammed into a bunk bed with him asleep, only after telling him bedtime stories for an hour -


       27.  He is so much like me it's scary.  I've never told anyone this, but when I was a little girl I lived in a neighborhood with not many children.  My brother was nearly 9 years older than me, so often times I played alone.  When I was outside playing in the yard, I was fine until a car drove by.  And then I froze.  I was embarrassed to be playing by myself and didn't want the driver of the car to see me.  So what did I do?  I ran and hid behind the bushes every time a car drove by.  Well friends, one day not too long ago Will and I were playing with sidewalk chalk and a car drove by.  What did Will do??


I almost gasped when he did it.  I knew without asking, but I did anyway.  When I ask him what he was doing, he replied "I don't want that car to see me."  
         28.  He does not like to swim in big pools OR little baby pools.  He hates it in fact.
         29.  His favorite books are The Little Engine That Could, Going on a Bear Hunt, Click Clack Moo, Giraffes Can't Dance, Where the Wild Things Are, and My Truck is Stuck.  
         30.  He absolutely hates having his toe nails cut.  You would think we were removing a tooth with no anesthesia.  
         31.  He can now open the fridge door, open car doors, START a car (or tractor) engine, and unlock all different sorts of locks and deadbolts.  NOTHING is safe.
         32.  Again, like his mother, he has bad dreams sometimes.  
         33.  He loves to help me in the kitchen - stirring, pouring, and adding ingredients.
         34.  He can draw circles and sometimes a "w".  We were working on this more frequently, but we've been slacking lately :(
         35.  His hair is beyond thick.  Everyone has a different opinion on how his hair would work better, but the fact of the matter is - it's just thick.  I think no matter what, it will stick up and be hard to manage.
         36.  Lastly, he can identify many different letters and words that they start with - A, W, M, C, K, P, O, E, and T are the ones that I think he knows.

Will is such a smart guy.  I have officially registered him for preschool this year, and I'm excited to see how he does (if his smart mouth doesn't have him kicked out!)  I'm sure it will be a shaky start.  He has his mother's worrisome nature, and I'm sure it will take some getting use to for us all.  I'm so blessed to be his Mommy.  He has taught me so much about myself and how to be a better mother.  He can definitely be a handful sometimes, but when he looks at me with those big blue eyes or puts his little head on my shoulder, my heart just melts.  I can't wait to see where this child goes in life.  Maybe he'll be a rocket scientist or maybe the farmer he dreams about becoming - either way he's sure to be a show-stopper :)


No comments:

Post a Comment