Sunday, April 17, 2011

Playing in the mud


We had such a nice weekend at home this weekend.  North Georgia saw a few strong storms again on Friday night, which left for a muddy Saturday.  Which brings me to another must for my dream home - a mud room!


My boys and I made a trip to Pike Nursery on Saturday.  I love that place.  I could spend a fortune in there!  We left with a few new additions for our flower pots, but couldn't plant them Saturday due to the cold night ahead.  So the nice new plants spent the night in the garage, all warm and toasty.  But I wasn't ready to let a little mud ruin our family weekend, so I put the boys in their new rain boots and let 'em rip!  Here are a few pics of the boys playing outside -





 Why must someone always put something gross in their mouth!?



Sunday was much nicer, and after my training session (and yet another trip to Home Depot!), I spent the afternoon planting our new flowers.  We planted gardenias (right by the front porch - smells heavenly for your visitors!), azaleas, geraniums and tons more.  I even made Brandon get to work!  Not to worry - nothing major, just a little rose-bush-staking :)  I love to work in the yard.  I wish I had the time and money to do all the things I want to in the yard, but for now I'll settle for working in the existing beds and pots.  But a girl can dream -



We have such a busy week ahead - Brandon has a few doctor appointments (I'll keep you posted on those), Will has a special friend who is turning 4 this weekend, and Brandon, Will and my nephew Baron each have a birthday on Sunday - not to mention that it's also EASTER Sunday!  Whew - hopefully I'll be able to make time to sleep ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment