Monday, April 25, 2011

Our laid-back Easter Sunday



Easter snuck up on me this year.  It could be all that we're going through with Brandon, or perhaps the three birthdays that also fell on April 24th this year that caused this sneak attack - probably both!  This is the first year that my boys were not sporting a precious new outfit for Easter service.  This momma simply swung open the closet doors an hour before the service began and picked out something that wasn't wrinkled :)  Oh well - at least they were comfortable!  I promised myself that next year I wouldn't let it sneak up on me like that.  Maybe next year my boys will be dressed appropriately for the most sacred day of the year.  I did manage to fill two easter baskets -although you may remember the shoes from a previous post.  Call me practical Patty - when they arrived a few weeks ago on the doorstep, I thought "yep - I'm totally saving these to put in their Easter baskets."



We did make it to church though, and afterwards we enjoyed a nice family lunch with Brandon's family out on the farm.  I love to be on the farm on days like yesterday.  Warm (but not HOT), a nice cool breeze and plenty of sunshine.  PERFECT day to pile the chicken-n-dressin' on your plate and eat on the picnic table under the shady oak tree.  Ahhhhhh.  And that's exactly what we did.  We filled our tummies and then planned an egg hunt for the kiddos.  This is where it got interesting.  Apparently, my boys are not all that impressed with the idea of the Easter Bunny or hunting brightly colored eggs.  Will did not pick up one single egg.  As soon as we said the word "GO!", someone cranked a tractor and Will literally dropped his empty basket and ran.  Brooks tried to follow in pursuit, but bless his heart, he's small enough for momma to scoop up and force him to stand with his basket for pictures :)

TRACTOR!! 

Brandon and his parents with Brooks. 

All the kiddos ready to hunt eggs. 

Brooks is looking at his brother playing on a tractor...

This is what distracted Will from hunting eggs. 


After all the fun on the farm, we headed home for a short nap before heading to my parent's for a birthday/Easter celebration.  There was more egg hunting and cake and even birthday presents.  I'll save the birthday related stuff for a later post, but here are a few pics of the outdoor fun -



Don't be fooled - he still didn't pick up any eggs.  He just ran like a wild man with the basket :)

I have lots more to post this week - I still need to do Will's 36 fun facts and then Brooks' 14 fun facts on Wednesday.  Brandon has a doctor's appointment on Thursday and then this weekend is packed with Will AND my nephew Baron's birthday parties.  Have a great week friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment