Friday, April 22, 2011

A Spring Update


I thought the blog could use a little "spring cleaning".  What do you think?  I love spring.  Not as much as fall, but definitely a close second.  We are in spring mode here at the Rutledge house as well.  We've filled our planters with pretty spring flowers, moved our winter clothes to the basement, and we even  have a mean sweet family of birds nesting on our front porch.  Spring is such a busy time for us - Easter, birthdays, and Mother's Day seem to make this time of year fly by.  And here in Georgia, lets be honest - we only get about 3 - 4 true spring weeks before it turns dreadfully hot and humid.


We've had a few stormy days and nights around this part of the country lately, and I don't mind one.single.bit.  I LOVE to lie in bed at night and listen to the sound of rain and thunder rolling in the background.  It always reminds me of my childhood when my father would scoop me out of bed and take me to the front porch swing to watch the storms roll in.  Sounds crazy, but his plan worked - I'm not one bit afraid of storms.  In fact, I think it would be neat to chase storms :)

The only thing that bugs me about the rain these days is our mailbox!  Some super nice person ran into our iron mailbox several weeks ago and left no information, so now we're left with a very expensive crack right down the middle of our mailbox and our mail gets soaked and ruined every time it rains.  (I wish this meant I didn't have to pay the bill, but alas - it just means I have to air dry the bill out!)  So I've added this project to Brandon's "honey-do" list :)

But I did receive a sweet package in the mailbox today - our digital images from our most recent session with Karen Baker Photography.  Here are few of my favorites -








Happy spring friends.  I'm sure we'll chat soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment