Wednesday, March 30, 2011

When life gives you lemons...

You know the rest :)  This post is a hodgepodge of our lemonade.



Brandon is doing well, considering the circumstances.  He has a wonderful attitude and is feeling much better today.  Tuesday was pretty rough for him - he was in a great deal of pain and the pain medicine prescribed to him makes him itch.  He chose the itching over the pain yesterday, but today he has managed the pain with less meds.  To get his walking exercises in, he has been helping me with laundry by walking one or two pieces of clothes at a time to the closet to hang up and this -

His favorite pastime - xbox 360 (standing of course)

The boys have been staying with their grandparents the past few nights.  To be honest, I'm a little scared to have them around Brandon for too long right now.  It took all of about 10 minutes for Will to run into his dad's lower stomach last night.  That was pretty painful for Brandon, so for now they come over in the evenings and eat dinner with us, play and hang out, and then they are going back to their grandparent's to spend the night.  I keep saying "one more day...."  But I do have a few cute pics of them playing outside recently.





 So what have I been up to?  Well today was my first day back at the office.  But other than that, just call me "Nurse Jessica".  

A funny - this morning, I made sure to get Brandon all set up before I left for work.  I made his breakfast and put it beside the bed, I got his meds ready with a fresh drink, gave him the remote and a new ice pack.  I kissed him on the noggin and told him I would be calling him soon.   His parents came to check on him a few hours later, and he hobbled to the door with one sock on and one in his hand.  He can barely lift his right leg (the side of his operation), so he couldn't manage to get his sock on and had spent the better part of the day with only one sock!  I made myself a mental note to get his socks on in the morning before I leave :)

Also, I confess my habitual online shopping habits.  Only, it's not as bad as one might think - I don't actually buy the items, I just fill the "cart" with all of my wish list items, then close the website.  I just can't do it.  I hate hate hate spending money!  BUT - I came upon a great coupon via Piperlime for the kids' shoes.  I love this store and have had wonderful experiences with them in the past.  The coupon is for 20% off 2 pairs, 25% off 3 pairs, or 30% off 4 pairs of kid's shoes.  The coupon is only good through 3/31 - but enter "SAVINGS" to get the deal.  Well, you do the math - 2 kiddos = lots of tiny shoes in our house.


They both scored a pair of these super cute rain boots.  Western Chief makes great boots - we also own a pair of the Thomas the Train boots that Will has outgrown, but Brooks hasn't grown into yet.
And I ordered both boys this super fun pair of bright summer sneakers!

I'm also brainstorming ideas for our 5th wedding anniversary coming up in May :)  We were already planning to do something really special for this milestone, but given all that we've been through recently, I've decided that we're going somewhere AWESOME this year!  


I really want to visit Charleston, SC.  Neither of us have ever been before, so that would be fun and exciting.  Plus, I think Charleston would be really romantic.  BUT, I want to consider Brandon's thoughts too.  Charleston seems a little frilly for a guy and if anyone deserves an awesome trip, its Brandon!  So now I'm kind of at a loss.  Any suggestions from you guys are welcome - either in Charleston or elsewhere :)

And again - thank so much to our friends and family who have been so kind this week.  We have both gained at least 5 pounds from all the goodies and suppers we have been given :)

No comments:

Post a Comment