Sunday, March 13, 2011

Whew - What A Week!



This has been a crazy week, so this post will probably be a whole lot of randomness crammed into a few paragraphs.  Bare with me!  OK, here we go -

Last weekend we went furniture shopping and finally decided on our new dining room table. It was delivered on Friday and we love it!  We now have enough space and chairs to seat six people at the table! (This is one of those moments in life when you realize you're actually an adult - when you're excited about tables and chairs.)

We've also spent time at the doctor's office this week, but just for healthy check ups.  I took Brooks to his pediatrician on Tuesday for his one-year well baby visit.  The whopper weighs 24.8 lbs and is 33 inches long!!  (As a comparison - Will weighed 21.5 lbs and was 31.5 inches long at one year.)  Based on his measurements, Brooks weighs more than 75% of children his age, and is longer than 99%.  Hmmm, I wonder if he will catch big brother Will this summer...

I spent the last half of the week working out of town.  Not much excitement there, it just added to the craziness of the week.

This wonderful and beautiful (70 degrees and sunny!) weekend included a birthday party for one of Brooks' little buddies and plenty of time spent outside with our friends.  Saturday evening we had a few friends over to enjoy the hubby's awesome hamburgers on the Big Green Egg and even though we lost an hour of sleep, I was up early Sunday morning for a little cardio training.  I've officially registered for my first sprint triathlon in June, so I've got to step up my game a little  a lot.  This morning's workout routine included 5 trips up the stairs at the local middle school's football stadium and 2 miles around the track.  And yes, I'm already sore :/

No comments:

Post a Comment