Friday, March 25, 2011

Lately...

Well friends, we've had a LOT going on lately.  I guess that's how life happens - kind of all at once.  Let's start with the boys -

We are feeling much better this week, having gotten over that rotten stomach buggie.  This week has been beautiful and we spent much of our afternoons outside enjoying the fresh air.  With two boys, I better get use to spending a lot of time outside!  It is the first week of Spring and look -




Will has a farmer's tan!


 and Brooks loves to spend time in his swing :)

I've also been trying to work on Will's 3rd birthday party.  When I ask him what kind of party he wants, his answer varies from Thomas the Train, to Toy Story, to Bob the Builder and so on...  This makes planning his perfect party a little complicated, as I feel like he'll immediately say "but I wanted ....... " when I choose one.  BUT - I think I'm leaning toward Thomas the Train.  I have tons of ideas, but... 



I'm also still training for my first sprint triathlon in June.  Training has been tough.  Not because the exercise is hard, but because I am having a terribly difficult time dedicating time for it.  The stomach thing last week threw us off, and this week has been rough as well.  I'm determined to do it though.



And finally, the reason I'm sure most of you are reading this.  This week we received some tough news.  I won't go into many details yet.  Brandon doesn't really want me to "put it all out there" just yet and I understand that.  But it is serious and we certainly appreciate all of the prayers and support that we have received in the last few days.  Brandon will have surgery on Monday morning at 9:00.  I will definitely keep you guys posted on his surgery and recovery, and once we know more specifics, I will fill you in on those as well (with his blessing!)

I won't lie to you and say that I'm not scared to death.  I am.  Brandon is calm and collected, as usual.  We are relying on God for this, as that's all we can do.  I believe that God will keep my husband safe and healthy.  I believe this because I've seen it happen and because I have to.  This is the only thing that keeps me from losing my mind.  Keep up the prayers.  We love y'all.



No comments:

Post a Comment