Monday, March 7, 2011

A Very Hungry Birthday Party

Last Saturday we celebrated Brooks' first birthday with A Very Hungry Caterpillar party, based off the popular children's book by Eric Carle.  It was a dreary day.  The weather didn't cooperate very well - mid 50s and rainy :(  BUT we had an awesome turnout.  We are so very blessed to have a wonderful group of family and close friends to celebrate these important life events with.  So without further delay.... here are the pics of the main event -

I made this birthday banner myself.  Similar (probably cuter) designs can be purchased on Etsy for ~$45.


Closeup of the banner

I wanted to serve each of the foods that the little caterpillar eats throughout the story.  Fruits, mini sandwiches (for the salami and cheese in the story) and even pigs in a blanket (for the sausage).
I bought the artificial turf at Home Depot to use as a table cloth.  PLUS - the boys will really get a kick out of using it to play with their tractors and farm animals later on.

I marked each of the foods with passages from the story...



Ceramic pots with floral styrofoam and lollipops.  I will be using these pots on my porch this Spring/Summer :)

These fruit kabob caterpillars were a HUGE hit with the kiddos.

Goody buckets included lots of goodies for our "Hungry Caterpillars" - fruit snacks, chocolate dipped pretzels, lollipops and gummy worms  caterpillars.

Cake by Heaven Scents Cakes 

YUUMMMMMY



What a great day!  Special thanks to my mom, who let us barge in (and invite 40 friends over) to her home.  Also - props to Connie, who helped my mom so much last week.  This party was a ton of work, but it was totally worth it for my little booger.  Now on to the next party - Will turns 3 in two months :)

No comments:

Post a Comment