Thursday, March 3, 2011

Fishing Fun


This weekend my three men and I went fishing.  This was Will's first time.  Of course, by default it was Brooks' first time too, but since he did no fishing we'll wait a little while for his "first fishing trip".  It was incredibly beautiful here in North Georgia and the perfect day to drop a line as they say :)  I am proud to say that it was a successful trip - Will made the only catch of the day - a small bass.  

*** Just a minute to brag on myself before the pictures of our trip - Will was kind of interested/uninterested in fishing.  He would hold the rod for a few seconds minutes and then lay it down to go running off into the woods.  At the time of his catch, he had just laid his rod down when I saw the bobber go under.  I was holding Brooks (taking a 12 month-old fishing is not for sissies) so I bent down and picked up the rod. I gave it a tug and sure enough - I felt resistance.  I started reeling the fish in, all the while holding my squirming 24 pound toddler.  And I'm happy to say, I reeled it in like a pro.  Let's see those men on ESPN do that! HA!





 I loooove this picture.  Will and his dad :)





 The big catch!  Yay Will!! 
(Look at that face!)



I probably won't be able to post again until Sunday or Monday.  A very special little boy has a 1st birthday party this weekend, and I am swamped with prep work for that.  I will be sure to post all about it afterwards.  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment