Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Day 7 - What Are You Most Afraid Of?



There really isn't too much that I'm afraid of.  I don't have a fear of heights, darkness or spiders (although I do immediately turn into a ninja if I walk through a spider web!)

The things I am afraid of are more emotional:

I'm afraid that one day Brandon's cancer will return, or that he will have some other residual effect from the chemotherapy he was given (he has an increased risk of leukemia later in life due to this).  I don't want to go through this life without him.

I'm afraid that something traumatic will happen and we won't have enough money to get us through it, i.e. lost jobs, sickness, etc...

I'm afraid to quit my day job and open my own business.

I'm afraid that one of my children will run out in front of a car and get hit.

I'm afraid of my children being one of those children on the March of Dimes radiothon.  Those poor families break my heart and I simply cannot imagine what it's like to have a child with cancer or some other serious illness.  I will be honest - I turn the radio off because otherwise, I would just be a crying blubbering mess.

I am a worrier by nature.  I tend to worry over things that I cannot control - like my kids getting sick, the housing market returning enough for us to sell our house, my children always being close to one another.  Those are all things that I do constantly think about, but I wouldn't say I'm afraid of.  To be honest, I feel like God has spent a LOT of time over the last couple of years teaching me how to let go of some of my fears.  Maybe that wasn't his goal for the trials that have come our way, but it happened that way nonetheless. 



For tomorrow's post, I get to give you a piece of advice.  Hmmmm - I'm not sure what kind of advice to give because I *try* to remind myself not to give advice unless asked.  So maybe y'all can help me - does anyone want any advice?  What kind of advice would you like to hear from me??  Surprise me!

No comments:

Post a Comment