Thursday, May 9, 2013

Blogging Challenge - Days 8 & 9

Day 8 - My Best Piece of Advice

Gosh - I hate giving advice.  Mostly because a) I don't feel like my way is always the best way and b) so very few people actually follow the advice they are given.  But maybe my advice today will be of help to someone who needs it.

Baby Advice - teach your baby how to sleep.  No, they aren't born with the understanding that it's nighttime and that's when we sleep.  It's up to you to teach them that.  Don't complain when they are up 3-4 times a night at 3 years old if you aren't willing to show them how to sleep.  I have 3 good little sleepers.  Feel free to ask me if you need more specific advice in this area.

Personal Advice - if you find yourself constantly feeling down or downright depressed, take a look at the people you are spending your time with.  If you are surrounded by people who are negative all the time, you will eventually find that you become a negative person too.  Don't let others do that to you.  I'm not saying cut them out of your life completely, I'm just saying to know your limits - if you find yourself getting down and out while you're with this person, it's time for a break.  I went through this at work and although I couldn't get these people completely out of my life, I certainly made it a point to limit our break room conversations ;)

Marriage Advice - never. ever. ever. badmouth your husband to others.  ESPECIALLY your mother.  Because while you love your husband and will inevitably forgive & forget and move on, your friend isn't in love with him (let's hope) and won't forgive him as easily.  And your mother is the worst person to do this with because at the end of the day, she loves you more than life itself and will certainly not be able to overlook something your husband is doing to negatively effect her baby girl.  There are exceptions of course - abusive relationships, venting to a girlfriend, but keep it light!

Work Advice - if you aren't happy, move on.  I don't care what the circumstances are, if you WANT to move on, you can make it happen.  You might have to take a pay cut.  You might have a longer commute.  You might not have the title.  But if you are truly unhappy - it isn't worth it.  Promise.  Been there.

Day 9 - A Moment From My Day


I chose this picture as a "moment from my day".  This photo was taken at 6:55 this morning (before work).  I am rushing to get all of our laundry done before we go out of town this weekend and that means waking up at 5:30 to do laundry... sighhhhh....remember when you just had to think about yourself and you could throw a few outfits in one shared bag with your husband, jump in the car and go?  Yeah, me neither....







No comments:

Post a Comment