Saturday, May 4, 2013

Another Blog Challenge

I recently discovered a new blog through Natasha over at Hello Happiness.  Natasha was a sorority sister from way back in the good ol' college days.  Anyhoo - Jenni's blog Story of My Life is a fun new blog to me and she has started a blogging challenge, Blog Every Day in May.  Because I sometimes need things other than my crazy kids to talk about, I've decided to hop on the blogging train.  We'll see how it goes - if I miss a few days, I'll try to make them up to you ;)


DAY 1 - Story of my life in 250 words or less



Born in the hot summer of 1984 in Cartersville, Georgia, I am the much younger sibling in the typical 4 person family.  My dad was a minister.  I grew up taking my naps on church pews.  My mom owned her own business and worked as hard as anyone I know.  We were the family that lugged the fax machine on vacation.  I was a rough and tumble tomboy - passing up barbies for soccer balls.  I decided I wanted a boyfriend somewhere late in middle school finally ended up dating my husband Brandon in our senior year of high school.  I graduated at the top of my class and ran away (from what I'm still not sure) to Knoxville at the University of Tennessee.  I changed my major at least 5 times, broke it off with Brandon, and lived the wild and crazy college life for a couple of years.  After Brandon and I both tried to date other people, we eventually settled back down together and have been inseparable ever since.  He asked - I said yes and we were married in May of 2006.  We bought a house, and almost two years later, welcomed our first son Will into the world.  His brother Brooks was born less than two years after that and I quit my hell-hole of a marketing job to work for cheap at a bank less than a mile from our home. Brandon was diagnosed with (and treated for) cancer in 2011, and we were told we wouldn't have any more children. One week after I sold all the baby gear, I was pregnant with our 3rd - a sweet girl named Tessa.  I believe in God.  I believe in family. I believe in friendship.  I believe in hard work. I am the picture of blessed :)

(That was actually 300 words but I'm long-winded and not good at following directions either)

DAY 2 - Educate Us On Something You Are Good at or Know a Lot About

Hmmmmm - what do I know a lot about??  Not a lot.  And I don't think I have a "talent" like most people do.  So many of my friends have a very obvious talent - painting, playing music, graphic design, photography....  I don't have any of those things.  

I'm a decent writer, a certified grammar police officer, and an awesome procrastinator ;)  But I guess the thing I am the best at is story-telling.  I love to tell the story of an event.  I love to tell all the details and captivate the audience.  One thing I am NOT good at is listening to someone who is NOT good at telling a story.  It makes me jittery as I try to sit still and concentrate on not taking over and telling the story for them. 

DAY 3 - Things That Make You Uncomfortable

Ohhh man - so many things make me uncomfortable.  But it's not the typical things that make me uncomfortable.  I can discuss gross things with no problem.  I can even DO gross things with no problem.  Things that make me uncomfortable:

  • Confrontation.  If I confront you about something - you better believe that I am (1) absolutely pissed off or (2) have a lot on the line - my kids, my job, etc...
  • When other people are confronting someone else in front of me.  I will find an excuse to leave.
  • When other people are doing something dumb.  I get so embarrassed for them.  A good example is the early American Idol auditions.  I HATE seeing or hearing others embarrass themselves.
  • Prank calls.  I cannot STAND when radio DJs prank call people on the air.  I have to turn it off.
DAY 4 - Favorite Quote



There are soooo many quotes floating around that are good.  I love seeing a good quote come up on my feed on Pinterest.  But if I had to tell you an absolute favorite, it would be "If you don't like something, change it.  If you can't change it, change your attitude." - Maya Angelou.  This can be used in soooooo many different circumstances.  If there is anything I have learned in the last few years, it would be this lesson.  If something isn't making you happy - change it.  If you can't change it, adjust your view.  I truly believe that adjusting your attitude can completely change the world around you.  Trust me.  I've had to "adjust my view" many many times, especially in the work place.  

Alright friends - tomorrow is Day 5 of the blogging challenge - where I get to profess my love and devotion to a blogging friend.  Hmmmm - I'm still not sure whose blog I will choose.  There are so many that I love to check up on.  I'll also be back soon with Tessa's 9 month update and a fun field trip to the Tennessee Aquarium.  Good night!!





No comments:

Post a Comment