Friday, April 13, 2012

Life With Boys

Today I am linking up at Kelly's Korner with other mommies of boys.  Of course, I'll only be able to say "we're all boy" for just a few more months, but I think I still qualify for this link up :) 

Oh my, what can I say about life with our two boys.... it's always interesting to say the least.  First, let me introduce you to my little men:


Will is our oldest - and will be turning 4 in just two short weeks.  Will is smart, loving and witty.  He is an old soul.  I often say that he is a 50 year old man trapped in a preschooler's body.  Even his teachers would agree!  He speaks with a strong southern accent and says things that you would never believe unless you heard them yourself (not bad things - just too old for him).  He's not obviously shy but is a little introverted at times.  He does NOT like to sing, dance, or to be silly and rarely gets excited.  His current favorite things (because we all know how often these things can change) include horses, helicopters, hexbugs and building forts.


Brooks is our baby (at least for the next 3-4 months).  He turned 2 in February, so that makes he and his brother 22 months apart.  He is smiley, good-natured and more independant and outgoing than his older brother.  He is extremely tough and will knock your lights out if he feels like you've wronged him.  Brooks throws all caution to the wind and cannot be left alone for one.single.second.  He is just now forming little sentences and I secretly love that I'm the only person in the world that understands more than 25% of what he's saying.  His current loves are tractors, tractors, and tractors.



Our boys are very close to one another.  They are rarely apart, but when they are they will ask about the other the whole time - "Where is Brooks?" or "Will at ballpark?"  Their closeness is so fun and sweet to watch.  The only downside to having two boys this close in age is that they do tend to fight over things a LOT - and by "things" I mean anything - toys, books, seats on the couch, food, me, etc....



Life with boys is fun and right up my ally.  In fact, I'm very nervous about welcoming our 3rd child and 1st girl in a few short months.  I find myself wandering the girl's section at clothing stores thinking: Aww. This is a cute dress.  Wait.  Here are matching leggings.  Am I supposed to get leggings?  What if they're hot?  And here are the bows.  Wait.  Am I supposed to get a $7 bow that matches this one outfit? Is the bow too big?  And what if she has no hair - am I supposed to buy one of those stretchy bandy thingies?  Where are those?  Why do they sell bows but no stretchy bandy thingies???!!! And then I just walk away empty handed and find myself in the boy's section looking at cargo shorts and graphic tees.  That's my kind of easy.

Life with boys is not for the faint of heart.  They eat dirt.  They bring you bugs.  They play in the toilet.  They may or may not pick up poop if given the opportunity and they will most certainly always pick up super fun things at the park like empty cans and cigarette butts.  I say things on a daily basis that once out of my mouth, I think: I can't believe I just had to say that.  Things like "Put your doodle back in your underwear" or "Yes daddy has a doodle.  No mommy doesn't have a doodle" or "Do NOT grab your brother's doodle!  You may only touch your OWN doodle!"

But if you're reading this, you've probably found me from Kelly's Blog and you are probably also a mother of boys.  And you, if anyone, can relate.  And you, if anyone, also know that there is just something about the way a little boy loves his mommy that makes life with them that much more precious.  I wouldn't have our family any other way - with two awesome little boys and a sweet little sister for them on the way :)



2 comments:

  1. i'm here from kelly's korner! your boys are too cute and congrats on the baby girl :) that will be a change! i loved what you said about shopping for girl stuff - so funny! i have 3 boys and love it, but i still find myself dreaming of a daughter one day... love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooooo funny that I find myself doing the EXACT same things with my two boys (7 and 3 1/2). I literally laugh out loud because everything you talk about it true. I am happy/jealous that you are all getting a little girl. I love my boys more than anything but it would be amazing to not be outnumbered all the time (even our dog is a boy.) Good luck with everything and be sure to let this mommy with only boys know what it's like to have a third and two boys and girl!

    ReplyDelete