Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter is Here!


I feel like I was just recapping our Christmas morning, yet here I sit writing about our Easter plans.  How come time couldn't go by this quickly when I was in high school counting down the days until Spring Break?!  It seems all you need to do to speed up time is have a few kids.  All of a sudden, you will be trying to find the emergency brake so that you can have a few minutes to scoot off to Target and buy enough picked-over Easter trinkets to fill a couple of baskets.

I try to avoid a TON of candy in the Easter baskets.  Both grandparents also make baskets for the boys and that always equals sugar overload in the days and even weeks following the big holiday.  When this happens, FOR THEIR OWN PROTECTION, I remove all the good extra sugary candies like the Reese Eggs and stash them in my office a very safe place :)

I hope the boys like their baskets this year - they have EXACTLY the same items in their baskets, except their sandals are different colors and their beach towels have different Disney characters on them.  Inevitably, the wrong kid will get the wrong color or character and they will fight over the same one.  I couldn't help it though, sometimes I just get sooooo sick of having two of everything.  It's like living in a weird Groundhog Day time warp zone every day of your life. 

They are both getting these awesome bubble gum egg pooping chickens. (These are always voted the year's worst candy due to the "pooping egg" thing.  Whoever votes on those surveys obviously doesn't have 2 & 3 year old boys!)  


Ohhhh and their both getting this fun bath soap (am I the only one who remembers this stuff!?) -




They are getting Play Doh Easter eggs-
Brooks is getting these Sanuk flip flops-


And Will is getting these (I tried to find two of the same style, but had no such luck)-



Brooks will be getting Disney's Cars beach towel -


And Will the Toy Story - 

The rest of their baskets are filled with bunny-shaped rice krispie treats, pastel colored M&M Minis, pastel colored sour gummy bears and a chocolate bunny of course.  

I had actually bought them sunglasses and a couple of books but ended up giving them to them earlier for no particular reason other than I love to surprise them from time to time :)

My original plan for today was to dye eggs with the boys.  Unfortunately, I am writing to you now from the bed because I seem to have pulled and/or strained a few muscles in my lower abdomen/hip area and I have now been sentenced to spend the next few days "off my feet" as per my OB.  I'm not really sure what happened - the only thing I can imagine is that my 2.5 mile (which I have always done 3Xs/week) walk was just too much Thursday night because all of a sudden, while I was at work on Friday, I started having terrible sharp/achey pains in my lower abdomen.  I couldn't walk without wiping the tears out of my eyes.  I feel fine when I'm sitting or lying down, but the pain comes as soon as I try to walk :(  So here I am.  In the bed.  I would try to sit in a chair and dye eggs anyway, but the idea of sending my husband the grocery store for Kool-Aid packets, olive oil, eggs and white vinegar is pretty humorous.  I did manage to get the boys' baskets filled while sitting in the bed.  Now if I could just figure out how to finish tagging the stuff I plan to consign Monday night.....



No comments:

Post a Comment