Wednesday, June 8, 2011

What We've Been Up To


That's right friends - that's hair you see there.  We did this a couple of weeks ago actually, but I'm just getting around to telling you about it.  Brandon's hair was falling out so badly that it was ending up in his mouth when he tried to talk, his food when he tried to eat, and his eyes when he tried to blink.  So one night about 10:00, I made the trip to Wally-world for a buzzer.  We went out on the front porch and buzzed it off in about 3 minutes.  It wasn't a clean shave - I was a little afraid to take it that low since I've never buzzed anyone's hair AND he was prone to infection at the time.  So he has a little buzz now.  There are several places that are completely bald (in the back where he sleeps on it), but mostly it's just extremely thin all over.  It's still falling out, but the cut helped manage the mess.

What else??  Oh yea - we took Will to see Kung Fu Panda 2 over the weekend.  The original Kung Fu Panda came on television a few weeks ago, so I DVRed it and he's been watching it ever since.  He really loved it, so we figured he would love the second one.  Plus, he loves the popcorn at the movies.



But the movie was kind of boring and didn't hold his interest at all.  We ended up leaving with only 30 minutes left, because Will was running up and down the aisle, talking too loud and kept faking that he had to poop just so he could go walk around in the hallway/bathroom.

And there's been a LOT of this -

This -

And this -


The Callaway Sprint Triathlon is one week from Sunday and I'm finally getting nervous.  I should mention that my goal is to finish the triathlon - NOT place/win/or even compete well.   I feel pretty confident in the bike and run legs.  My neighbor/training partner and I have been training for several months.  We've logged miles and miles on our bikes and followed them up with miles and miles of running.  But the swim.  The swim my friends is brutal.  If I don't drown in the first leg of this race, I'll be okay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment