Friday, June 17, 2011

No Hair, No Problem

What was remaining of Brandon's hair is now gone, thanks to a short round of golf he played Thursday afternoon.  This was the first time he'd really worn a hat since his hair began falling out a few weeks ago.  He knew the hat would pull more hair out, so he had avoided it until this past Thursday.  His hair was so thin though, he had to wear a hat to play golf without getting burned.  When he came home and took off his hat, a lot of it was gone.  After a quick shower, all of it was gone.

He's not too fond of his new do, but I think it's awesome.  Why do I think it's awesome?  Because in a way it symbolizes so much.  He has been through hell and back since his cancer diagnosis in March - the diagnosis, a surgery, recovery, scans and chemo.  And he's still standing.  He's still a husband to me, a father to his two boys, a friend, a boss, a brother, and a son to his parents.  He is such a strong man and I know that he his on his way to a full recovery.  In just a few short weeks, his hair will start to grow back in, his strength will be back and the bruises on his iv arms will be gone.  I will be happy to see the new hair, and of course happy to see him completely well.  But when I think back to his hairless days, I will always be reminded of where we've been and how blessed we are.  I will always know beyond a shadow of a doubt that we can handle anything.


No comments:

Post a Comment