Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend


Our Memorial Day weekend was very low-key.  I worked Saturday morning and spent that afternoon mowing the lawn.  Most women would probably complain about that, but I really don't mind.  Brandon really enjoys working in the yard and normally keeps it in tip-top shape.  This summer, the lawn-keeping duties have fallen to me and I must say, I think it looks pretty darn good!

Sunday was another day spent at home with the family.  We still have to be careful about eating out and visiting too many public places with Brandon's immune system being non-existant, so we are eating, sleeping, and playing at home right now.  The boys spent the day in the backyard playing in the sprinklers and swimming pools.  Brooks is having a rough time with his eye teeth - resulting in some pretty nasty diapers.  Even more of a reason to stay close to home!!

Monday morning, we had breakfast with Brandon's family before they left for a short vacation.  After that we were back in the backyard for more sprinkler time.  The afternoon provided much needed naps for the entire Rutledge clan.  After our naps, we were back outside where we had a little run in with a tick.  No worries though, we took care of it and Will never noticed that we removed a blood-sucking insect from his back.

I also had to make a sudden call to Poison Control after Will ate the berries off a holly bush.  Sigggghhhh.... he knows not to do this.  We've had this discussion with him after he put several of them in his mouth a few weeks ago.  BUT sometimes, and I hate to admit this, Will is spiteful.  Very spiteful.  He ran over to the holly bush and pulled several berries off all while looking at me with his spiteful i-know-i'm-not-supposed-to-be-doing-this grin.  Of course after I said "Do NOT put that in your mouth!" he did.  Of course after I said "SPIT THAT OUT! DO NOT SWALLOW THAT!" he did.  So I called Poison Control and was relieved to find out that unless your 35 pound child eats at least 6-10 holly berries, they should be okay.  They may vomit, but they're okay.  Well because I did NOT want to deal with vomit, I gave Will some yogurt to coat his tummy and counteract the acid in the berries (per the instruction of the nice gentleman at Poison Control).  Needless to say, Will spent the rest of the evening indoors as punishment for spitefully eating poisonous berries.  I promise I don't know where this child gets his spitefulness ;)

Here are a few pictures from our weekend -











No comments:

Post a Comment