Monday, May 9, 2011

All Aboard for Will's 3rd Birthday!!


This post is a little delayed. The party happened over a week ago, but as promised, I've been keeping up with the things I want to post about - even if they are old news by the time I get around to them :)

My sweet Will turned 3 on April 24th and we celebrated his birthday by inviting a few of his little buddies to the Devilray Tumbling Gym for a Thomas the Train birthday party.  We attended a birthday party for one of Will's little friends at this place a few months ago and he loved it!  It's basically a cheerleading gym where they blow up a few inflatables and let the kids go!  I love it because it's closed to the public (so no mean older kids picking on the little guys) and because in addition to the inflatables, they leave out the gymnastics equipment.  The kids get to spend a couple of hours running around on spring-boarded floors and playing on inflatables, balance beams, and in-ground trampolines - heck I even want to have a birthday party there!

I usually get super invested in my kid's parties.  I love to make things and have the whole place decked out.  Unfortunately this year, I just couldn't find the time.  I gave it a good shot - but I had soooo many more ideas than time this year.

Will was in a super sour mood for his party this year.  We were right in the middle of tornado clean-up and we had a hard time getting him to even go to his own party!  He wanted to stay on the farm and help clean up.  SO - he did what any three year-old would do - he pouted throughout most of his party and even covered his ears while we sang happy birthday.  Nice.



His little friends and his mommy had a good time though!  That counts for something, right?




The super cool Thomas cake came from Emilu's Cakes and Treats.  They are operating out of their home currently, but will be opening a bakery right here in my little town in the next few weeks.  I am pumped!



The goody bags I ordered from Etsy.  I fell in love with this idea a few months ago while brainstorming party ideas, and I was able to actually get myself together and order them before the party.  I loved how they turned out.  Inside the goody bags, were lots of fun train-related surprises - a wooden train with a paint set, Thomas bubbles, Thomas stickers, a bouncy ball and candy of course.











We did not open presents at the party, to allow the kids more time to play. (Will is soooo incredibly slow when it comes to opening gifts.  If I'm being honest, I don't think he's interested in it one bit.  I have to continuously prompt him to "pull this paper" or "looooook!"  He just doesn't care too much for it.)  Anyhoo - we opened them the following day at home, where he could take his time.






Thanks so much to everyone who came out for the party - and especially my friend Crystal who had to swoop in at the last minute and help me get my act together!  Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment