Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Our 5th Wedding Anniversary


Tomorrow is our wedding anniversary.  Five years ago tomorrow, Brandon and I were surrounded by our closest family and friends on a horse farm in Armurchee, Georgia exchanging wedding vows.  It seems crazy to me that we've only been married five years.  Although I do remember my life before Brandon, it just doesn't seem like the same life I am living now.  We had originally planned to go somewhere for this small but significant anniversary - but we all know how that panned out.  I'm not sure that we'll get to venture too far from home tomorrow, but it will still be special nonetheless.


When a person says their vows they may or may not consider the significance of what those memorized words mean.  Most people would probably argue that they do know how important those words are, but it's hard to imagine the depth of those vows when you're young and invincible.  Brandon and I have been married five years, and each of those vows have been tested in just those few short years.  This is probably the reason why I feel like we've been married much longer than we have - both the triumphs AND the trials have been abundant in our marriage.

In five years we have comforted each other through the deaths of four beloved grandparents.  We have shared the joys of two beautiful sons.  We've bought a home, paid off cars and student loans.  We've lost and gained friendships.  We've gotten tough news from doctors.  In five short years, Brandon and I have been through things that some marriages never go through.  And I am so glad that Brandon chose me to share this crazy life with.


There are so many things that I love about Brandon - his strength, his sincerity, his old soul and his love for laughter.  He's a wonderful father, a supportive husband and one of the best guys on the planet.  Happy Anniversary Brandon!  After five years I'm still excited to spend the rest of my life with you :)


No comments:

Post a Comment