Thursday, September 8, 2011

Busy Busy Busy

Hi there!  It's been a week since we got together last and a lot has happened since then.  Nothing too major, just lots of little things consuming this momma's time and NOT allowing her to blog as often as she would like.  Here's what we've been up to (without pictures because I just don't have time):

1.  Finishing two rooms in the basement.  I can't believe it actually.  After 5 years of wanting to finish the basement and three years of needing to finish the basement, we've finally started.  The framer came last weekend and started with the framework and had the sheetrock completed by Monday.  The two rooms will be a playroom (the biggest) and a "guy's" room (the smaller).  Brandon has a pool table that needs a home and the boys have an abundance of toys scattered from their bedrooms to the dining room to the living room and they need a "space".  Up next is to finish the sheetrock, paint, hang the ceiling, build the built-in bookcases for the playroom and lay carpet.  I've got PLENTY of ideas for the space and I'm already on Etsy and Pinterest daydreaming.  I'm sooo very excited.

2.  Cleaning out the rest of the basement.  Let's face it - our basement is cluttered with crap.  We kind of started finishing the basement before we cleaned it out, so we've just been moving the junk from space to space while working around it.  This weekend, the hubs and I have a date with the dump.  A few lucky passerbys will likely score some awesome finds because I'm putting stuff on the curb labeled "FREE".  I'm over it.  I want my basement organized and I'm not looking to make $20 by haggling with a bunch of weirdos over candlesticks and ugly wedding gifts :)

3.  Relay for Life.  This is an awesome event that so many communities are doing now and our's is tomorrow night.  Obviously, we have a special reason to celebrate this year and Brandon and I will be attending the survivor's dinner, as well as hanging out with our friends at the Relay.  The company that I work for will have a tent, as well as other local businesses and churches.  It should be a fun time!

4.  Buttons and Bows Children's Consignment Sale.  This is a local church's children's consignment sale. I've shopped at these events before, but never sold in them.  This will be my first year as a seller and boy do I have a TON of stuff.  I'm actually blogging to you now from my partially finished basement surrounded by bins and bins of gently-used (and adorable if I do say so myself) baby clothes, baby gear, and toys.  Don't let anyone fool you.  As a seller, you earn every stinkin' dollar that you make by doing this.  You have to hang them a certain way and tag them a certain way...... Whew!  I'll be glad when it's OVER!  By the way, I also volunteered to work at this sale because only God knows why.  I must be mildly insane...

So hang in there with me blog readers.  I promise to give you plenty of pictures of the basement (when it's decluttered) and maybe even some pics of the fam at the Relay for Life.  Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment