Thursday, April 4, 2013

Tessa @ 8 Months


Our girl is growing by leaps and bounds.  She is getting so big and it makes me both happy and sad.  Happy because she's healthy, and every day is a new and great big adventure to her.  Sad because I know that she is my last baby.  On the very rare occasions that she falls asleep in my arms, I'm reluctant to put her down because I know just how fast they grow and that in just a few more months, she won't be pint-sized any more. 

Tessa is wearing anywhere from size 9 months, to 12-18 months, depending on the style and brand.  Her feet are still tiny - with growing room still left in her 0-6 month shoes.  I've been really nervous to buy her any cutsie shoes and sandals for this summer because I have no idea what size her foot will be.  I keep expecting her foot to experience some sort of growth spurt, but so far that's not happening.  She's wearing size 3 diapers.

Her sleep has finally back to normal (praise the LORD).  She's back to sleeping from ~7:30 - 7 without waking.  Occasionally she'll wake up and roam around for her paci, but she goes right back to sleep. 

She eats lots of foods - I really think she likes the savory foods over the sweets at this point, but who really knows.  But the girl can scarf down spinach, rutabagas, broccoli, beets - you name it.  She does make a sour face with banana yogurt, but eats it nonetheless.  I'm pretty sure she also gets quite a bit of other yummies from grandma - including gravy & biscuit, pizza crust, shredded cheese, etc.  She's also made big strides this month with her pincher grasp - she is officially getting at least half of the puffs in her mouth. And she's is doing better with her sippies - she will drink out of them like a champ, but (just like with her bottle) she prefers not to hold it.  I hold her bottles for her - not the sippies.  We prefer the Nubi (with handles), Gerber soft spout (with handles), or the Playtex 1st Sipster (also with handles).  Each of those sippies have handles and a silicone OR soft spout.  We haven't graduated to the hard spouts yet.

She loves to play with her toys in the floor, and loves all the attention her brothers give her.  She laughs so hard at those boys.  I can only hope that they continue to love and adore each other the way they do now.

New developments this month include:
  • A 3rd tooth (that makes 3 on the bottom)
  • Learned to clap
  • Said "papa" (her first word)
  • First visit from the Easter bunny





 

No comments:

Post a Comment