Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Randomness

Whew.  It's been a whirlwind couple of weeks here in the Rutledge home.  We've had a lot going on and I'm not even sure I can remember what all we've been up to.

Up first - Will is playing t-ball again this year.  He's really enjoying himself.  Similar to last year, he loves to run the bases & bat.  His swing has improved quite a bit this year, and he does at least attempt to go after the balls in the field.  Most importantly - he's having fun and that's what counts.






I also did The Color Run Atlanta with some friends a couple of weekends ago.  It was fun.  Traffic was HORRENDOUS and for that reason, I'm not sure if it's something I am dying to do again.  I had "color" EVERYWHERE.  











We've also been making a few changes around the house - we've painted our kitchen (no photos yet) and we also took to painting our interior doors dark (Pinterest inspired).  My walls are not green at all - more like a dark toffee brown.  Poor lighting I guess.  I do love the look though.  I'm happy with it.  My husband, the painter - maybe not ;)  We used Benjamin Moore's Dragon's Breath.  It's really a charcoal gray.  It looks black in the hallway, but gray in the kitchen on the pantry door where there is more natural light. 





We also had Will's class pet at our home for spring break.  Hermie the Hermit Crab had many adventures while he was here, including attending Easter dinner at my parent's home.  Will was very enthusiastic about the crab but let him go back willingly to school (which was surprising).  He had to write about Hermie's adventures while at our home.  He wanted to write "Hermie slept in my room while mommy was painting the kitchen."  (For the most part, I kept Hermie in the kitchen on the bar-top table to avoid the hands of one very mischievous 3 year old, but moved him to the boys' room while we were painting.)  But Will eventually decided it would take far less time to write "Hermie is shy."



And we've also been enjoying lots of time outdoors with our neighborhood friends since Spring finally decided to join us Georgians.  


And just because we need ANOTHER something to feed in our home - daddy brought home our first pet yesterday - a baby turtle.  He found it in a box under his desk at work and knew the boys would love it.  I prefaced our conversation with the boys by saying "if this turtle gets too big, we may have to return him to the pond."  I'm hoping they remember that if this thing bites the dust and/or gets huge.  They are very excited and are brainstorming names - so far they've suggested "crabsy, heidi, and kermie."  I think its cute that Will is trying to make it rhyme with "hermie" from school.


And just because I didn't include any pics of Tessa - here is a recent one of her playing in the playroom with a toy that we just unearthed from her pile of Christmas gifts that we never opened.  The boys usually steal it from her immediately.  Why is it that the older kids want to play with baby toys when they see them??


I'm sorry for the long post - we've just been crazy busy lately.  Next week is both Brandon and Will's birthday and I haven't even THOUGHT about what to do for them.  sigghhhhh.....

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely LOVE the doors!!!! My mom sent me a link for this when we were remodeling and since I use such dark colors, I didn't want to darken my house anymore, but MAN!!!! This makes me want to do it. It looks so elegant and classy.

    ReplyDelete