Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines Day!


Happy Valentines Day friends!  Valentines Day is such a funny day to me.  Aren't we supposed to love each other every other day of the year too??  I guess it's fun to make a big deal out of your relationship (or lack of) at least one day out of the year though.  Brandon and I didn't do gifts for each other this year.  It wasn't about the money - it's just that the flowers die, the chocolate gets eaten too quickly and what the HECK are you supposed to get a man for Valentines Day??!!  HOLY CRAP I hate shopping for Valentines Day - how many more printed heart boxers do we need???

But I do enjoy getting the boys excited about Valentines Day.  Who remembers their little pink construction papered shoe box with a slit cut in the top??  I do!  Those were the days when everyone just gave out those little paper valentines with a nasty sucker stuck to it.  Now, you gotta go all out.  Pinterest is full of neat ideas for classroom valentines.  Will and I decided to do the "I really dig you" valentines this year.  The two of us went to Target and bought the .99 cent plastic sand shovels.  He picked out the candy (Sweet Tart hearts and Red Starbursts) and bubbles.  We wrapped it all up with a red bow.  He was really proud of his valentines this year!  Here they are - pink for the girls, and blue for the boys:



This morning, when the boys woke up and trickled into our room we surprised them with a Valentine from Mom and Dad.  A co-worker was selling Scentsy stuff earlier this month, so I went out on a limb and bought the boys a Scentsy "Buddy".  These are little stuffed animals (Will already has about 10 that sleep in the bed with him each night) that have a zipper pouch on the back and you insert the "scent pack" and rezip.  Before you know it, their room smells like whatever scent you picked, instead of dirty socks (or in Brooks' case dirty diapers).  I picked a really yummy orangey/tropical scent pack for both boys.  They'll be sharing a room soon and I can't deal with two different scents in the same room.  Yikes.


Will got "Roarbert" the Lion

And Brooks got "Mollie" the Monkey

And if Bean 3 were here, she would have gotten this little guy:

How stinkin' cute is this guy??  When she gets here, we may have to get her one anyway ;)

They also each got a Disney Blu-Ray/DVD combo, which were on sale oddly-enough on the day we went to pick out Valentines Day stuff for school.  Will got Dumbo and Brooks got Bambi.  You can never have enough Disney movies when you have kids!  Especially the Blu-Ray for the house and the DVD for the car.  Sweet!  They mostly just played with the musical greeting cards their daddy picked out though :) 

Will also had a special day at school today - his Valentines Day Tea Party.  It was so cute.  The older kids served hot tea in real procelein tea cups.  The parents all brought snacks and we sat together and munched on cupcakes, cookies, chocolate covered strawberries and heart-shaped sandwiches.  Cute!


"When do I get a CUPCAKE!?"

Sipping water (his choice!) out of a real antique tea cup.  (Brave teacher!)

I hope you all have had a great Valentines Day.  I am so blessed to have three Valentines and next year, I will have FOUR!  Who would have ever thought??  My boys (my husband included) are my whole world and I can't wait to see how Miss Priss melts each of our hearts.  Will is already in love with "his baby".  He grins so big when someone asks him about his sister.  How Sweet!  

No comments:

Post a Comment