Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Baby Girl is Coming to Our House!!


It's true!  I can't believe it but it's true!  We went down to Baby Vision in Atlanta this past weekend, where Bean 3 played shy.  It took the ultrasound technician about 20 minutes to determine the gender due to her crossed ankles and an umbilical cord between the legs.  I was a little nervous at first that she wouldn't let us see if she was a boy or a girl, but knowing now that she's a girl, I'm proud of her modesty! ;) 

Oh man - I'll be honest.  I have no idea what kind of mother I'll be to a little girl.  After two boys, I was kind of under the impression that we were "boy makers".  I guess that chemo did all sorts of crazy things to Brandon's DNA.  Now if she comes out with his post-chemo hair (thick and curly), we'll be in a lot of trouble!  No amount of detangler or hair bows could tame those tresses!

But seriously - I am in love with those little hair bows and clippies.  And I have wanted to buy one of those little romper bubble jumpsuits for a looonnnnnggggg time.  I'm excited for all of those things, but I'm also a little nervous.  I'm not too crazy about pink.  I can only take it in small doses.  I never played with Barbies or baby dolls and just walking down the Littlest Pet Shop aisle at Target makes me hyperventilate with all those little pieces.  I can only hope that I can learn to love that stuff. 

For her own sake, let's pray Baby Girl is tough.  I have a feeling that her two older brothers will make certain this happens.  When I close my eyes and dream of her, I picture her in her tutu and boots playing in the mud with her brothers.  I see her sticking her Barbies in her brother's rescue helicopters and firetrucks.  I want her to love pretty clothes, nice shoes, the great outdoors and a good game of neighborhood baseball.  But mostly, I just want her to be herself and be happy with that.  Let's hope I don't screw this up!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jess, I found your blog through Kelly's Korner. I'm actually the 3rd child with two older brothers. Its a great dynamic. Big brothers to take care of you plus getting spoiled for being the youngest and a girl. Baby girls are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete