Monday, July 11, 2011

Nothing Major - But That's Just How I Like It :)

Hi friends!  I feel like it's been forever :)  Just a week I guess.  I have no excuses - except that I'm kind of on a book binge.  I do this sometimes.  I'll go months and not pick up a book and then when I finally do, I get sooooo consumed with my books that I can't do anything BUT read.  I'll read an entire novel in two days and then I sincerely miss the characters when the book is over.  Nerd - I know.

Anyhoo - we haven't had much going on lately and to be honest, that's music to my ears :)))  A few weeks ago, in the middle of Brandon's chemo treatments, I called my mom one night crying and I told her "I just want a normal week.  One in which I go to work, I come home and play with my crazy babies, cook, clean and go to bed!"  Well, that's the kind of week we've had and I'm praising God for that!!

I did cut 13 inches of my hair off on a whim.  I really loved my long hair, but I just felt so "Duggar family."  (No offense - I think they're sweet people - I just don't want their hair).  It took at least 30 mins just to dry it, not to mention style it, so I wanted something new.  Brandon was all for it me cutting my hair.  My coworker said "nooooo - men love long hair."  I replied that the only man I needed to please was Brandon and he gave me the go.  So on Friday I cut my hair.  Here is the before:


And here is the after:




I love my new do and Brandon does too!  The hair was donated to the American Cancer Society - a philanthropy especially close to our hearts these days.  A few people thought that I darkened it, but I didn't.  It's probably the absence of all those split ends that makes it look darker - and healthier :)  I did have to go home and change clothes.  I had hair everywhere!!  I didn't even have makeup on, but I definitely think the new do brightened my face.

What else??  We spent most of our weekend at church.  We're getting ready for Vacation Bible School next week, so I tried to help with the decorating.  VBS is such a fun time for the kiddos and I remember attending every single VBS in the county as a child.  I think my mother thought of it as Christian babysitters.  Our boys will be going this year (Brooks will be in the nursery, but this will be Will's first year in a class).  I've volunteered to stay and take pictures of the activities throughout the week, so it should be a fun time of fellowship for our little family.  I'm looking forward to it!

1 comment: