Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Busy Busy Busy

Things have been right on schedule here at the Rutledge house lately - "right on schedule" as in "this ramblin' wreck is full steam ahead and you better get on or get out of the way!"  Whew!  I'm exhausted as I write this post, but I am trying to keep a good memoir of our life today and so I'm making time...

Our favorite photog, Karen Baker took Tessa's pictures 16 days after she was born, and I am so happy with the results.  Here are a few a lot of my faves:

I ordered this one for our "hall of babies"
(I have a large black and white of each one of my babies as newborns in our hallway)





I like this one because Brandon rarely smiles genuinely in photos, but he did in this one



I love the boys' blue eyes and how their little feet are intertwined in the background.  I wish Tessa was facing more toward the camera, but with three, a perfect shot is nearly impossible!




I also ordered a large one of this to hang above her crib.

We have been very busy since we came home from the beach - the time has come for me to return to work.  I go back this coming Monday and the last two weeks have been filled with all the things I needed to get done before I went back (since I will have ZERO vacay or sick days) - doctor appointments, teeth cleaning, cleaning out the closets, blah blah blah.... nothing too interesting, BUT -

Brandon and I are going to a wedding this weekend in Atlanta.  One of my sweetest friends & sorority sister is FINALLY marrying her boyfriend of a gazillion years :)  I'm so happy for her, but I have not been too excited about getting in a dress and being surrounded by a room full of beautiful, and a LOT skinnier than me, people.  Having 3 children in 4 years has not been kind to my figure :/  Nonetheless, Tessa, my mom and I hit the mall in hopes of finding something cute for the wedding.  We found several "maybes" and two that I really loved.  Because maternity leave isn't exactly cheap, I went with the less expensive option.  I also invested in a pair of Spanx to help with the aforementioned figure issues.  Ha!

On top of shopping for dresses this week, I'm taking the kiddies on an apple picking field trip on Friday with Will's preschool.  Saturday is the wedding festivities and then back to work on Monday! Friday is also Tessa's 2 month birthday.  I'm going to try and get posts done for both her 2 month birthday AND my thoughts on going back to work (since everyone's #1 question is "So are you ready to go back to work?")

Until next time...




No comments:

Post a Comment