Thursday, May 31, 2012

30 Weeks & Counting...



I went for my 30 week OB appointment this week.  I had to do the follow-up 3 hour glucose test because (of course) I failed the one hour.  That test sucks soooo bad :/  This time, because I had already done this test two times before and knew the ins and outs, my OB said I could leave between blood draws.  So for one hour I had my OB appointment.  For the 2nd hour I walked across the street to the hospital and pre-registered for labor & delivery.  For the 3rd hour, I drove to TJ Maxx!  Not too bad I must say.  Maybe I'll have the results tomorrow....

A few highlights from this appointment:
  • I only gained ONE pound!!! Hallelujah!  I actually acted like an idiot and made the nurse give me a high five.  I considered it jump-up-and-down worthy, but was afraid doing so would result in a baby on the floor, so I stuck with the high five ;)
  • Baby is head down and will hopefully stay that way.
  • I don't have syphilis (ha! I didn't even know they tested me for that, but apparently I'm good...)
  • Next appointment is in 2 weeks!  This is when it always hits me that we are in the "homestretch".
  • I'm still trying to decide whether I want the tubal ligation or the new "Essure" procedure done.  Either way is a permanent baby-stopping procedure.  The tubal is obviously a small incision done while you're in the hospital after delivery.  The Essure procedure is where they insert two small spring-like thingies into your tubes at your post-delivery appointment.  After the springs are inserted, you wait several weeks and go back in to see if your tubes have in fact "closed in around" the springs.  The Essure process is considerably less invasive but is also pretty new and I've heard mixed reviews....
How am I feeling??
I'm still feeling pretty good.  Sleep is non-existent thanks to a baby girl who likes to hang out on my sciatic nerve.  I spend most nights tossing and turning and somewhere between 1 & 3 AM, I end up on the sofa.  I am still walking 2.5 miles 2 or 3 times a week with my neighbor friend.  It's getting more and more difficult to carry on conversations during our walks (and that's really what I walk for ;))  and the last time we walked I had some pretty fun braxton hicks contractions afterward.  Fun times.  Most people look at me like I'm crazy when I tell them I'm still walking but as long as it's not too hot, I want to keep it up.  It's good for my soul and good for my sugar issues.

Are we ready for her to get here??
We're still trying to get started on Tessa's nursery.  Unfortunately, this has been such a slow process thanks to our work schedules.  We're also trying to nail down a *bigger* vehicle for our growing family.  We've been car payment free for two years now and we're a little spoiled :/  A couple of my sweet friends are throwing me a small baby shower in a few weeks and I'm getting excited.  I certainly didn't expect one, but I'm very grateful to have friends who love me enough to do something so sweet for us.  I'm excited to see my friends in a couple of weeks and celebrate this crazy miracle baby :)

I think that's it for now friends.  I've got supper to cook, a walk to take, and two little boys to love on :)


1 comment:

  1. I have heard good things about Essure, and although this actual procedure is a little new, the idea behind it is old (and effective!).
    Good luck with your GTT results-and yay for only gaining 1 pound-I would have high fived you ;)

    ReplyDelete