Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloweenie!


I hope everyone had a fun Halloween!  I really enjoy this holiday.  I love seeing everyone, young and old dressed up in their costumes and having fun.  I LOVE the creative costumes - this year I saw a really great pirate (complete with a parrot on his shoulder - pretty good for a three year-old!), lots of lady bugs and several little guys dressed up like Spider Man.  I can not STAND the kids who wear their street clothes and want candy.  NO WAY JOSE!  I am totally the mean lady who will refuse candy to people who are not wearing a costume.  And don't even get me started on the 12 year-old boy who rang the doorbell three times after the porch light was off only to tell me (after I dug some candy out of my own kid's buckets) that I suck "for only giving one piece."  Wow.  What happened to home-raisin'?!?

Ok... off my soapbox now :)  The boys went as a dragon and a puppy this year.  Brooks inherited his costume from Will and I really wanted Will to go as the "dog catcher", but the child insisted on being a dragon.  This is quite ironic since he's afraid of dragons (at least the one on Shrek, which is the only dragon I think he's ever seen).  I think this decision had something to do with the fact that my nephew decided to be a dragon this year.  We have to do whatever Baron does because he's super cool!  I couldn't find a dragon costume in his size that wasn't obnoxious, so I found a dinosaur costume and declared it to be a dragon.  Will was satisfied, so I was happy.

Our neighborhood has quite the influx of trick-or-treaters every year.  People run out of candy by 7:15.  It's crazy.  Church vans and tractor trailers pulling loads of children arrive in the neighborhood by 6:00.  It's too much for one person to handle two little guys in that kind of madness, so we make an occasion out of it.  Both Brandon's and my parents come every year to hand out candy while we take the boys.  Once the boys tucker out (and we convince them that the rest of the houses are out of candy) we head back to the house for some homemade veggie soup and cornbread.  YUM!  That's my kind of holiday :)  Here are a few pictures of Halloween 2011:


Nothing says "Happy Halloween" like a couple of dead mums!


Yes - this is how we roll :)






Brooks was soooo sleepy and his little candy bag was sooooo heavy.  I offered to carry his bag for him, but he refused each time.  I think he was afraid he wouldn't get it back!  

After supper and several pieces of candy, the boys got warm baths and tucked in bed.  Now I just need to find a place to hide the candy........ 

No comments:

Post a Comment