Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Brooks @ 11 months old

I can't believe I am saying this, but Brooks will be 11 months old tomorrow!  Hmmmm - what was I doing this time last year??  Oh yeah! I remember - I was 9 months pregnant with a 10 lb baby!  Oh what a miserable wonderful time it was.  But enough about me.... let's talk about Brooks.

Here he is this afternoon, playing with his brother and being adorable (as usual)...




In honor of his 11-month birthday, I've compiled a list of 11 of his most current or distinguishing characteristics this month. (This is another reason I have started this blog - to have a time capsule of sorts of sweet memories of my family).  So without further delay...

11.  He waves "bye-bye" when asked.
10.  He loves to hide his eyes and play "where's the baby?"  (This is super fun because he never successfully covers his eyes fully, but you can tell how excited he is to be playing).
9.  He is walking, but still unsteady in shoes or changing surfaces - carpet to hardwood, etc...
8.  He loves to take baths with Will and SPLASH SPLASH SPLASH!
7.  He is eating mostly table food, with a little baby food every now and again (mostly when Mommy is too lazy to cook!)
6.  He loves whole milk, but still gets a couple of formula bottles a day.
5.  He has 7.5 teeth (the 8th tooth is just under the gum).
4.  He HATES grits - I don't blame him here.
3.  He is somewhat of a momma's boy and definitely wants my attention at all times when I'm around.
2.  One of his favorite pastimes is playing in the curtains.
1.  His newest development - making the "motor" sound while playing with trains, trucks and tractors.  

I can't really describe how this little guy warms my heart.  He is just the greatest thing that could have ever happened to our little family of three.  He and his brother are so sweet together.  Every morning when Will wakes up, he goes straight to "Brooksie's" room to check on him.  This generally involves Will slinging his door open and abruptly turning on the overhead light, but hey it's the thought.... right?


No comments:

Post a Comment