Friday, November 16, 2012

Tessa @ 3 Months



Tessa's 3 month mile marker was a couple of weeks ago (late post!).  We celebrated by staying at home and enjoying our weekend together as a family.  We actually only left the house once all weekend!  So nice!

I'm not sure how much our sweet pea weighs this month, as she hasn't been to the pediatrician since her 2 month appointment, but she has grown quite a bit! She is wearing size 3 month or 3-6 depending on the brand.  She really needs size 6 month for length, but those only work if they're one piece outfits.  Size 6 month pants are too big around her waist.  She still wears size 1 diapers.



There weren't a ton of new achievements this month, but there were a few nonetheless:

  • She found her voice and likes to give us a big shout every now and again to keep up with her wild brothers.
  • I've noticed her examining her hands a few times lately and she does really well at reaching/pulling/grasping her toys.
  • She sat in her bumbo for the first time and did pretty well.  After about 7-10 minutes, she seemed to become tired and slumped over, so I took her out.
She has a steady bedtime routine - bath, lotion, jammies, bottle (5 ounces), bed.  After she finishes her bedtime bottle, I swaddle her up, turn on the noise machine, and lay her down in her crib wide awake.  She goes to sleep on her own without a peep.  She sometimes wakes up around 5AM for her paci, but mostly sleeps until 6 or 6:30.  When she starts stirring, we go in and give her the paci and she drifts back to sleep until we wake her up around 6:45-7 to go to grandma's.  So far, we've been really blessed with 3 great sleeping babies, with the exception of Will who suffered from first child (hold me hold me) syndrome for a few nerve-wrecking months.

She wore her first pair of jeans!

She also celebrated her first Halloween this month, but didn't wear a costume.  My sister-in-law made her an orange tutu and I paired it with a halloween-themed shirt (bought the night before Halloween) and called it a day.

Her hair is finally long (and thick) enough to clip :)  And her big brothers insist that she wears a bow every day!

I leave you with one my favorite photos from our recent Christmas card shoot.  The sweetness in this picture makes my cheeks hurt. 
The boys are wearing their first neckties from Petite Peanut.  I have been dying to order one of her ties and I am soooo happy with them.  Tessa is wearing Mustard Pie Fall 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment