Wednesday, March 7, 2012

18 Weeks & Counting



Brandon and I went in to check on Bean 3 this week.  She's still a girl :)  And everything looks great with the baby.  Two arms, two legs, two little feet and two little hands, 3 vessel umbilical cord, 4 chambers of the heart, kidneys, stomach, noggin... she's just as healthy as can be so far! 

The ultrasound tech had a hard time getting Bean 3 to cooperate with having her picture taken.  She wiggled all over the place and before the tech could snap the pic, Bean had moved away.  The tech said "Well she's a wiggler!"  I laughed and told her I hope so - she'll need to be a mover and a shaker to survive our crazy household!  Similar to her brothers, Bean 3 was snuggled up nicely with her ankles crossed and her hands curled up under her chin.  She weighs in around 9 ounces so far - I wish I could say that's all the weight I've gained, but unfortunately it's not :/




(She opened her mouth soooo wide here - it looked like she was laughing!)


After the ultrasound we went on to see the doctor, where the he informed me that I do seem to have a little bit of a low-lying placenta.  He said that all that means for me right now is that I get another ultrasound in six weeks.  He said that as the pregnancy progresses and the uterus moves further up into the abdomen, most of these cases correct themselves.  If the placenta is still low at the next ultrasound, I will continue to have ultrasounds throughout the pregnancy to check on the position of the placenta.  If it doesn't correct itself, a vaginal delivery will be out of the question as the opening to the cervix will be blocked by the placenta.  If it does correct itself, we're good to go :)  I'm not too concerned, we'll do whatever it takes to get Bean 3 here as safely as possible. 

Brandon is still having a hard time processing the fact that we're having a girl.  He thinks all the ultrasounds are wrong and I'll give birth to a boy in August.  I've finally processed the fact that we're having 3 babies in 4 years and that this one is a little girl.  Now I'm starting to stress about moving the boys into one room and getting started on her room, which is going to be a little different this time since I'm making the bedding myself :/ (With the help of an experienced sewer!) 

The To-Do List looks a little something like this:
  • Buy two twin mattress & box spring sets
  • Buy multiple sets of twin sheets and covers
  • Paint the twin beds & move the boys into one room
  • Finish buying the fabric for Bean 3's bed
  • Decide on curtains for her room
  • Paint her room (and her furniture)
  • Buy a bigger vehicle
  • Buy an infant car seat
  • Invest in a new baby monitor (our old one just bit the dust)
  • Get the essentials - clothes, pjs, diapers, bottles, receiving blankets, burp cloths, etc...
Yeesh - I'm tired just thinking about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment